Thursday, March 24, 2011

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programing...

for a special announcement.

I'm ENGAGED!!!

Finally, haha. After 12 years of knowing each other, 4 of those dating...Kenny popped the question on St. Patrick's Day.

We had been discussing marriage for about a year, and seriously discussing it for 6 months. I'm not going to lie, I pulled a "one of those girls" and pretty much gave him a deadline. He deploys in May, so I told him I wasn't waiting around through another deployment if I didn't have a ring on it. Good thing he likes me and wanted to lock it down anyways :)

Since it's March, and May is only 2 months away, he knew that I would be expecting it basically anytime I saw him. He knew that if he took me out to a nice dinner or did something romantical, I would catch on. So, his goal was to catch me off guard. And boy did he. After I picked him up from the airport, and we drove my drunk friend  home (long story, haha), we decided to go back to my townhouse for the night. As I was getting ready to open the door, he said my name really seriously. I honestly thought he was about to tell me something bad, like he had a life-threatening illness or something. Instead he said all the things a girl could ever want to hear along the lines of "I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you." After a moment of shock, I of course said yes!

Now begins the wedding planning. Which I have basically been doing all my life, haha. But no really, I had a spreadsheet already started.

I'll keep updates of what we start to plan as we do it.

My pretty ring!!

I made him take this picture with me, doesn't he look SO thrilled!


No comments:

Post a Comment