Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Dad's Day!!

In honor of my dad's birthday (June 12) and Father's Day (June 20), I'm going to do a Top 10 post on my dad.
Top 10 Reasons I Love My Dad!
10. He's given me the confidence to be an independent thinker. Whenever I would get fired up about a subject, he'd play the devil's advocate with "well WHY do you think they think that way?" and "What reasons do they have for their actions?" I've been able to step back from situations and see both sides.
9. He's passed on his love of sports. He's OBSESSED with sports. I'm his only child, the fact that I was a girl wasn't going to stop him from teaching me all things sports. I appreciate the fact that I at least understand all games and can sit down and watch about anything.
8. He never stops trying to embarrass me. Ever since I hit pre-pubescence my dad has been trying to come up with ways to embarrass me. Throwing tampons in the middle of a crowded parking lots (filled with cute boys, no less!), singing loudly and dancing in front of all my friends...he always tries. But he only embarrasses himself, and makes me laugh in the process :)
7. He takes really good care of my Mom. What's that song? What Lola wants, Lola gets...replace that with Wendy. He's shown me that treating a woman right makes you more of a man...
6. He tries to act tough, but his bark is bigger than his bite . Lots of people say they're intimated by him, but just watch him around babies. He turns into mush.
5. He gives good advice. I might not have taken it in the past, but he's usually right. (Don't tell him I said that)
4. He spoils me. I'm not a spoiled brat. But he'll help me out with things, buy me things, make me amaretto sours when he knows I've had a rough day...
3. His insistence that I become an independent person/adult. Sometimes I would look @ him doing things as him being mean, but looking back on it, it's made me the person I am today. I can figure out how to build things/take things apart/move things/cook things without anyone's help.(even though I like to be re-assured and supported!)
2. He makes me laugh, whether unintentionally or intentionally. Whenever I'm sad, I can turn to my dad for a good pick-me-up.
1. He loves me, no matter what. No matter how many times I've screwed up, he's been there to support me.
Happy Birthday and Father's Day to my Daddy!! Love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment