Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lots and lots of *stinky's

Stated below, Richie recently had to put his dog, Charlie, down. Once you have a dog, you can never go back to not having one (or so I've heard) so he and Christy decided to adopt a puppy. Not to replace Charlie (which would be impossible) but to begin again. Enter Brodie. He's 8 weeks old. Lab mix. And has one of the cutest stinkin' faces you'll ever see. I can't wait to cuddle, love and spoil him like he's my own :)
Brodie, hanging out with Richie
My mom also adopted another cat this past week. She (the cat, not my mom) showed up in the yard, skinny and scared. Mom left food/water out for her and sat with her on the porch, where the kitty decided it wanted to cuddle. The rest is history. The cat had my mom wrapped around her finger. Mom took her to the vet, got her spade, de-fleaed, etc. And now Bailey is home. I think it will be interesting to see what the 2 idiots (our affectionate term for the cats we already have) do in reaction to the new kitten. She's quarantined right now and supposedly for the next 10 days, while we make sure she's not sick with anything. And then we'll let her loose into the world...
Bailey, smiling for the camera

*A stinky is an affectionate term given to anything that is warm and cuddly.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! :) Bailey is making the same face as the pad by the litter box lol and it is true, that once you have a dog you cannot not have one! The house felt weird without Charlie and I loved what you said about us not replacing Charlie (because you're right, that is impossible!) just beginning again! Love you!

    ReplyDelete