Wednesday, September 8, 2010

If it wasn't for those last 2 minutes...

The first quarter was horrible. We looked like a Rookie squad...which some may argue, we are. We have a lot of young guys and you could definitely tell that on Offense and Defense.

The second quarter was a little less horrible. We started to get our stuff together.

The second half was all in all a different team. Except for the last 2 minutes.

We came back from a deficit. We removed our heads from our butts and started to play football. We actually looked pretty good. Until the last 2 minutes. We let them march down the field. We let them get under our skin and got a personal foul. We let them score a touchdown. And then we couldn't do anything in return. The result...a loss by 3 points.

I am devastated. Do I realize it's just a game? yes. Do I realize that there are worse things in the world? Why, of course. Does that matter right now? Absolutely not.

Hopefully the Hokies will make it up to me for the rest of the season. And by that, I mean, NEVER lose again.

PS. Look for an upcoming post about the funness that was the tailgate beforehand. I'm going to write about that tomorrow probably...when I can appreciate the fun and not be a debbie downer about the result of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment