Friday, May 20, 2011

Fatty Friday: The Explanation

To be honest, I've struggled with my weight since I was a little kid. I was quite the chunker back in the day, once I started playing sports, I got thin. Once I hurt my knee and stopped playing sports, I steadily gained the weight back. 

My freshman year of college, I got on the scale and decided I was NOT going to gain the Freshman 15. I started going to the gym, and Virginia Tech's campus allowed me to walk EVERYWHERE. I didn't watch what I ate, in fact, I ate like crap. Corn dog nuggets @ 1 am, Pokie sticks after drinking all night. But I managed to lose about 30 lbs and go down 3 pant sizes.

Once I joined DSP, I started to gain the weight back. Read: more drinking and less time to work out. When I got to Europe fall semester of my junior year, I didn't really like the food and I ran a lot. So I lost some weight.

Throughout my spring semester of junior year and senior year, I gained it ALL back and then some. I was absolutely at my biggest when I graduated June of 2008.

November 2008, I decided to get with the program and started going to the gym regularly.

Here we are, May 2011. I've lost in total about 40 lbs. And seeing that I have a wedding in 13 months, I'd like to be at my goal size by June 2012. I don't know what that means weight wise. I just have a vision of what I want my body to look like. And I'd like to be able to wear a bikini on my honeymoon.

So, I've started Weight Watchers. And excerpting more. I'm hoping to stick to this regiment (I haven't been so good about consistency) for a whole year. And hopefully, I'll be reporting that I hit my goal by wedding time.

No comments:

Post a Comment