Friday, February 5, 2010

The Apocalypse is Coming

SNOW! And lots of it. I've heard multiple stories, anywhere from 18 to 40 inches! It's supposed to be worse than the blizzard of '96. I say, I'll believe it when I see it.

I ventured down to the grocery store, bravely. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be...there was probably only 3 people in the line in front of me, but they did have all the lanes open. There was barely any food though, good thing I didn't come for the "regulars" (however, I did get some bread). I got a look from the mom standing in line in front of me when I put my items on the belt. Whipped Cream, shredded cheese, some wheat thins, a lean pocket...you know, everything you need to survive the apocalypse.

So, Jen and I have hunkered down in the apartment. Good thing I have a large movie collection and TIVO, I just hope we don't lose power...

On another note, Balls and Dolls played another game last night. Unfortunately, we lost. But it was the most fun I've had (if you can claim that after 3 games). We had lots of subs (which, trust me, MAKES the game), and the other team was on our skill level. It was definitely better than our spanking last game (we lost 9-0). So I anticipate big things for next game...look out David Beckham.

No comments:

Post a Comment