Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My BFF

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."
- Anon

This weekend I went to Delaware to visit my best friend, Natalie. It was a relaxing weekend full of coffee drinking, problem telling, soul searching, venting, lost marathon watching and being together.

Natalie and I have known each other since high school. We were next door neighbors and attended the same church/youth group. She's a year ahead of me in school so I always looked to her for advice in the things that I was unsure of. She was (and still is) always there to be compassionate, yet honest. She tells me what I need to hear, not necessarily what I want to. But she always does so in a way that is caring, and I know she has my best interest at heart.

She's one of the strongest people I know. I look to her for an example of strength in emotion and in God's love.

Thanks for an awesome weekend, but thank you even more for your enduring love and support. I look forward to many more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment