Monday, January 11, 2010

Army/Navy Game

If you don't know my family then you don't really understand the role that college football holds in our lives. I graduated from Virginia Tech and don't miss a game (even if I have to listen to it on crappy radio stations). My dad went to the Naval Academy and since I've been in middle school we've had season tickets to every game. My dad went to every game (home and away) last year, he unfortunately didn't make it out to Hawaii this year.

A tradition in our family over the past couple of years has been the Army/Navy game. This year it was in Philadelphia again. We left a little bit later on Friday than usual because (I won't name names *cough::myroommate::cough*) had obligations. So we arrived up in Philly in the late afternoon. My dad, as to be expected, kinda lost his cool when the valet parking situation was less than ideal.

After all the bags were in and the girls (Jen, Mom and I) made a run to Macy's...we don't need an excuse for shopping, but ours was that Macy's was right across the street. Once we made it back from Macy's we headed out to the Rose Tattoo for dinner. The Rose Tattoo itself has become a tradition. The first time my parents and aunt and uncle went to Army/Navy in Philly, they ate there. Navy won. So we will go there everytime, until Navy loses.

My Uncle Gavin, Beverly and Josh (who goes to West Point) met us for dinner. It was nice catching up with the 3 of them.

The next day was game day. We had to arrive at the stadium about 3 hours early (My dad is crazy) and proceeded to bundle ourselves up against the cold.

Jen and I, ready for the cold.


Mom and I, our scarves were made by my Aunt Sue. I love this picture cause Mom looks so shocked that its being taken...and she's the one taking it.

The pre-game festivities were the normal ones for this type of event.
Both sides had a "March on" but this was my cousin Josh's company.

They had parachuters from both the Navy Seals and The Army Rangers.

The Fly-over.

I don't have any pictures of the actual game, I was cheering and paying too much attention for that. The Navy boys made us a little nervous in the 1st half by not playing too well. But they got their butts in gear and pulled it out in the 2nd half.
The final score, Navy wins :)

With my parents, after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment