Monday, January 11, 2010

Houston

Navy played in the Texas Bowl, in Houston, on NYE. We decided to go down as a family cause a. we love Navy football and b. our family is down in Houston.

We got to see my cousins Kathleen, Becca, Samme and Tori for lunch. Becca's husband Michael and his son met us at lunch as well. It was so good catching up with them and having a good family time. I hope they're able to come out to DC this summer like they're planning.

After lunch we went to my cousin Jason's pawn shop. My mom bought another ring...she needs to go to AA for jewelry, its seriously a huge problem. After that we went over to Jason's house to meet his wife Dina and their 2 kids Jason and Melanie and see Meagan and Gavin (who I haven't seen in over 10 years). It was good catching up with them to and we had the most amazing Spanish/Mexican food for dinner.

The game on Saturday was good. I would just like to say that the weatherman let me down here. They predicted a high of 69 and sunny. I don't think it got above 55 and it was foggy the whole day. I'm talking some real fog, you could hear the flyover, but you definitely couldn't see it.

We got tickets to go to the Midshipman tailgate, where there was good food, good music and free gifts. Who doesn't like free gifts?!

Me, my dad and my cousins Meagan and Gavin.

O'Brien women

Some of the Houston O'Brien's

It was a good game though. Navy was expected to lose, but managed to play awesome and pull off the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment