Monday, January 11, 2010

Kenny Comes Home!

My boyfriend, Kenny, deployed in May to Africa and then the middle east. He came home the first week in December (the dates slid back a little bit). I tried to protest the Navy about them sending him home to Portland, ME in December. The other option was Jacksonville, FL (where he's currently stationed). The Navy didn't really care what I thought so me, and his parents made our way up to Maine.

I think the worst part of everything was waiting. The plane pulled up as his parents and I were walking into the hanger. But then it took a good 30 minutes before they let everyone off the plane. The worst part of the 6 months was the 30 minutes of just looking at the plane I knew he was on. But it was a great reunion and we were all happy to see him.

I, unfortunately, suck and didn't take pictures...his Dad is my hero and did though, so at least we have documentation of the occasion.

We flew back into BWI and Kenny was surprised when his friends were lined up at the arrivals area with a huge sign...

It's so good to have him back in the US :)

No comments:

Post a Comment