Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

The hardest decision and the one that keeps changing is the ceremony site.

Kenny's family is a member of a Catholic Church around here, but it's not the church I envision our wedding being in. Since Kenny was in charge of finding a church, naturally his mother took over. She found it difficult to find a church that would not only allow non-parishioners to get married there but also have the 3pm time slot. 

On Monday night, my future inlaws and I went to meet with Father Baez, who will be doing the ceremony for Kenny and I. We were a few minutes early so we decided to stop into the church and see what it looked like. Um, it is GORGEOUS. It's really big (holds up to 1,300 people), has a marble altar, gold, stained glass. It was everything I had envisioned. So during the meeting, I asked Father Baez if it would be possible to get married there. He said "Is that what you want?" And I said yes, so he said he could make it happen.

The only problem is that with confessions being at 3:30, we have to start the ceremony at 2:30. And with cocktail hour at 5, we're concerned about the downtime. Actually this is a big concern for my mom...but I have faith we'll find some way so that people aren't standing around with their thumbs up their noses before the cocktail hour.

So, here's our new church:
The Altar
The Outside


No comments:

Post a Comment