Monday, October 11, 2010

Busy Weekend

Friday was Richie's Birthday but he also had to work. He works at our old High School as a security officer. So one of his duties is going to the football games to make sure those crazy kids stay in line. We joined him, and ended up posting ourselves at one end of the field for pretty much the whole night.
Going back to my old high school is so weird and definitely brings back nostalgia. I just look at all the kids who think that every bit of drama in their life is important. I remember those days and kind of wish I could go back and tell myself that it will be okay. That in 7 years I won't even remember who went to Homecoming, and who got to choose where we ate dinner. I'll just have vague memories of the good times I had with friends.

On Saturday, I went to Puppy Kindergarten with Christy. We were standing in the little gated area, letting the puppies play and get their energy out. All of a sudden, something flies @ Christy's shoulder and it hit her really hard. I was standing next to her and still heard it bounce off her. We both look over @ the guy standing across from her, thinking he had turned up with a slingshot to throw acorns at people. He was grabbing his head though. A murderous squirrel had thrown an acorn from high up in the tree, it hit off this guy's head and smacked Christy right in the shoulder. They'll probably both have bruises. But it was so funny! I had to try and contain myself, because the "adults" there did not think it was as funny as we did.

After driving back to Arlington, I went with Susan and Sarah to get our nails done. Came home, showered and got ready to go to Oktoberfest. The German Embassy hosted an Oktoberfest like shin-dig with good food, German entertainment and of course beer. 

I do have to say that the Embassy was not at all like I would expect. When I think Embassy, I think something that looks like the Capitol building, or a museum. This actually looked kind of like a high school gymnasium. But the food was really good, the beer was even better and we of course shook our groove things on the dancefloor (once the DJ came). So all in all, a good experience, I had fun and I'm glad I did it but I'm not too sure I would do it again.

Sunday morning, I got up (too early for my liking) and headed over to Aunt Sue and Uncle Joe's for some Pumpkin Patch time. We (read me and the kids) got to go down slides, go through the corn-maze, take a hayride, pet some farm animals and get pumpkins. I love making memories like this with my nephews, and I honestly can't wait to have kids of my own so I can start making family traditions with them :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I love your telling of the "squirrel incident" the best. I should just email it to all of my family and friends because I butcher the story by laughing too much :) oh, and btw Richie found the story hysterical while Brad and Ronnie just looked at me like "ooookay" lol. And the pictures of you and the boys at the pumpkin patch are so cute! I can't wait to have kids too to go and do that again! I wish my brothers were still young!

    ReplyDelete