Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Irrational Fear

If you know me well, you know that I am petrified of clowns. Like will knock over a 2 year old to get away from one.

This is very unfortunate for me when I go to visit my Pop. His wife (My 'Nanny') had a thing for clowns. So they're all over his place. Salt and pepper shakers. Paintings. Everywhere. I literally look every place but where I know a clown face will be.

I hope my children don't want to have a clown at their birthday party. I feel like I will give them the world, but I will not allow a clown within a 1 mile radius of my home.

I think my irrational fear comes from the movie "It," I watched it when I was about 6. My mom specifically told me not to, and I did it anyways. Once again, I should've learned to always listen to my mom. How terrifying is this?! I would much rather have Freddy Kruger, Jason or Michael Myers coming at me than this thing.
I'm always reminded of my fear around this time of year, because apparently people think it's fun to dress up like killer clowns and scare the 'ish out of people. I'm just warning you, I will have fight or flight response. And if I can't run away, I'm coming out swinging...sorry Bozo.

No comments:

Post a Comment